The College and its courses are focussed on developing people for a life of Christian leadership. Its practical ministry training is done in a highly energetic, communal and transformative environment. To help promote their success, an applicant must demonstrate their suitability for the demands of ministry training. Consequently, to gain entry to College, an applicant must:
- Be a committed Christian (for at least the last 12 months)
- Be born again
- Be baptized in water
- Be a regular and active member of Grace and Faith Church for at least the past 6 months
- Have a strong sense of the call of God in your life
- Be at least 18 years of age by the time they start College
- Be living a faithful Christian lifestyle consistent with our Student Code of Conduct.
- Have a passion and desire to learn God's Word and for His will in your life
- Have access to sufficient financial resources to cover their fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- Have the physical, emotional, psychological and intellectual health and capacity required to successfully undertake the demands of ministry training.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of any Offer of Place, and to conduct themselves according to the requirements of the Student Handbook, including the Student Code of Conduct, up to and during the period of their enrollment; which includes being submissive to the Board of Grace and Faith Bible College
*In addition, acceptance into 'Year 2 - Diploma in Ministry' is conditional upon successful completion of 'Year 1 - Certificate of Ministry.'
**In addition, acceptance into Year 3 - Bachelor of Ministry is conditional upon successful completion of 'Year 2 - Diploma in Ministry'.
***In some cases, an applicant may be asked to provide additional evidence that they meet these requirements. From time to time, the College may apply additional conditions in relation to the above entry requirements. This will be done in the best interest of the applicant, based on our experience of the demands of ministry training, to ensure they are set up to succeed.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY
- Photo Identification - a scanned copy, or a CLEAR & LEGIBLE photo of either your:
- Driver's License
- U.S. Passport
- Proof of English Proficiency*
*only needed if English is NOT your first language.
- Pastoral Reference Form* (DOWNLOAD)
*only needed for those who do not currently & regularly attend Grace and Faith Church
Expectations Of Students
Grace and Faith Bible College has a mission to impart much more than head-knowledge. This is a discipleship course to help raise the standard of what Christians are meant to look like while also arming you with a wide range of Biblical knowledge and Spiritual impartation. Because of that, the standards and expectations are unapologetically elevated.
Three key areas of expectation (among others) are:
1. Class participation
GRADE WEIGHT: 15%
Every students’ Church Participation is assessed periodically. If they have have been attending they'll be awarded points for each class. If not, points will not be awarded and the student will be sat down to be reminded of the Biblical standard and the expectation upheld by the Bible College. Should it be an ongoing occurrence, it could be grounds for expulsion.
-Do not miss more than 2 classes per Subject (excused or otherwise)
2. Church Participation
GRADE WEIGHT: 15%
Every students’ Church Participation is assessed periodically. If they have have been attending and serving the min. requirement on a regular basis, then they’ll be awarded the points. If not, points will not be awarded and the student will be sat down to be reminded of the Biblical standard and the expectation upheld by the Bible College. Should it be an ongoing occurrence, it could be grounds for expulsion.
-Serve: at least 2x/month
-Attend Sundays and Wednesdays
-Attend Sunday pre-service prayer meetings (unless serving that day)
GRADE WEIGHT: 15%
While some may contend that tithing was instituted under the law and therefore isn’t necessary today, theologically we find the very opposite to be true. We see tithing as an ongoing act of Obedience, a constant step of Faith, and an issue of Integrity. These are non negotiable elements in preparing the Body of Christ for ministry. At Grace and Faith Bible College we’re not training you to be in the ministry, we are training you to be the ministry.
Every students’ Contribution Statement is assessed periodically. If they have been tithing, they will be awarded points. If not, points will not be awarded and the student will be sat down to be reminded of the Biblical standard and the expectation upheld by the Bible College. Should it be an ongoing occurrence, it could be grounds for expulsion.
-Tithing is a requirement.
*Excused vs. Unexcused is up to the discretion of the Grace and Faith Bible College Board,
but generally follows the definitions below.