What is the Student Portal?
Great question. This is where homework, exams, and other important announcements will be posted. If you miss a class, this is also where you'll be able to listen to previous lessons. We use a student portal called, Google Classroom.
How do I access the Student Portal?
The answer to that depends on the device through which you will be accessing the portal. There are basically 2 ways to access the portal/Google Classrooms:
1. If you are accessing it via a smartphone or tablet, you will need to install the app (click one of the buttons below). By the way, we recommend that you ALLOW notifications:
2. If you are accessing it via computer (laptop, or desktop computer), then click this button:
What do I do once I click the button (/ open the app)?
1. Your first time in, it should ask you to log into your account. What account? Your Grace and Faith Bible College account (F.Lastname@GRACEandFAITH.college).
2. Then, it will ask you if you are a "student" or a "teacher. Select "student"
3. It will then show you all of the classes that you are in. Select your class.
(Hint: You are currently probably in ONE class.) Class titles begin with the year of graduation, and then a # representing the level (year 1, 2, 3) and then the name of the level. (e.g. "2019-01 Certificate of Ministry" is the Level 1 class graduating in May/June of 2019).
4. The classroom is broken into 3 sections:
a.) Stream - This is where announcements will be made, and audio files will be posted (the newest up the top. Scroll down for older files.)
b.) Classwork - This is where you can find homework, quizzes, or exams.
c.) People - This is a list of your fellow classmates!
How do i submit my attendance?
(This applies ONLY to new students) As outlined in the Student Expectations, attendance to class and church is a crucial part of passing this course. Therefore, we have to track attendance. To do so, we are using an app called, "Homebase". You have two options:
1. This option is geared to those who do not own a smartphone. Will will have a tablet setup at the back of the sanctuary where you will need to check-in AND check-out using the Homebase app. You will be given a 6-digit pin (probably your birthday: MMDDYY). You will need to do this before and after: Bible College and church services. YOU are responsible for your attendance, so make sure not to forget. This is part of your grade.
2. This option requires a smartphone. Install the app on the phone and give it "location-based" permissions. This will automatically check you in every time you come to the church property. Once setup, this is by far the easiest solution. Keep an eye on it to ensure that it is working as YOU are responsible for your attendance. *Download the app using one of the buttons below.
When are our Holidays?
Our school schedule practically follows that of the Hillsborough County Public School system. With that said, please see the student calendar HERE for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
How can I order a book?
New students will have their books already ordered for them and covered in their tuition costs. Repeat students can purchase a book from the button below. Books are $30/book. However, we are offering a 34% discount when you use the promo/discount code: REPEAT